Everyone can benefit from seeing a naturopathic
doctor (N.D.). We treat all conditions and see patients two and older.
Of course, some N.D.s may specialize while others practice as
general practitioners. For more information on a naturopaths
training and philosophy, please see the principles, training, and practices page.
Dr. Hilary Back,
N.D., L.Ac, practices naturopathic medicine for the family with an emphasis
on womens health, environmental and food allergens and sensitivities,
mood disorders, and autoimmune diseases. She sees children to older
N.D., L.Ac, has found that the detoxification process is a great starting
place for most of her patients. The process of detoxifying assists
in clearing up the picture of what is happening in the patient. Once
food allergies and sensitivities are removed, it is easier to establish
what symptoms remain and need to be dealt with. However, not all of
her patients need to start with this particular process. Where you
should begin is something you will discuss on an individual
N.D., L.Ac, works in conjunction with other doctors of all types (medical,
osteopathic, chiropractic, Chinese medical, and of course, other naturopathic
doctors.) Therefore, if you want multiple approaches, your choices
can be accommodated. YOU get to determine what is best for you.
To maintain wellness, annual exams
are an important part of the naturopathic approach to health. In addition,
common symptoms that bring people in
• Women's health issues- menopausal symptoms, painful menses, irregular periods, amenorrhea, PMS, infertility, nausea of pregnancy, labor induction, cervical dysplasia, humanpapilloma virus (HPV), ovarian cysts, endometriosis, breast conditions, vaginal yeast infection, polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS), and other vaginal infections
• Upper respiratory infections, common colds and flus, acute and chronic sinusitis, strep throat, asthma, ear infections, mononucleosis, childhood exanthems (infections), conjunctivitis, etc.
• All digestive disorders - irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis, gastritis, pectic ulcers, hepatitis, celiac disease, gallstones, gas and bloating, heartburn, gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), constipation, diarrhea, parasites/worms, hemorrhoids, high cholesterol levels, intestinal flora imbalance, Candida
• Hypertension, heart problems, poor circulation, edema
• Hypoglycemia, diabetes
• Hypothyroidism and hyperthyroidism, adrenal fatigue and other adrenal problems
• Autoimmune diseases- rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, ankylosing spondylitis, Sjogren’s syndrome, sarcoidosis, Reiter’s syndrome, etc.
• Body pain- osteoarthritis, back pain, sciatica, tendonitis, TMJ disorder, carpal tunnel, bursitis, tennis elbow, etc.
• Mood disorders – depression, mood swings, ADD and ADHD, seasonal affective disorder, anxiety
• Food allergies and sensitivities, environmental allergies, hayfever
• Headaches (all types), vertigo, dizziness
• Skin disorders acne, rashes, hives, eczema, dermatitis
• Insomnia, chronic fatigue syndrome, fibromyalgia, anemia
• Other chronic diseases/problems - multiple sclerosis, Lyme disease, osteoporosis, etc.
• Urinary tract infections, interstitial cystitis
• and many more
To contact Dr. Back, N.D., L.Ac please call her at her office: (970) 963-6500.